Deadline: 7 June 2022
United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Census Technical Specialist in Bujumbura, Burundi.
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Census Technical Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Strategic planning, methodological support, supervision and monitoring of the implementation of the various phases of the general population and housing, agriculture and livestock census
- Capacity building, collection/processing and analysis of data from the general population and housing, agriculture and livestock census
- Advocacy, communication and mobilization of resources for the general census of population and housing, agriculture and livestock
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree/ Advanced university degree in demography, statistics or other related social science disciplines – preferably PhD or equivalent professional experience;
- 7 year’s of relevant experience in the field of data collection, processing, and analysis, preferably in a country in Sub-Saharan Africa;
- Have proven experience of participating in at least one General Population and Housing Census in an African country, preferably in Sub- Saharan Africa;
- Knowledge of census programming using new technologies (new UNDG guidelines) would be an asset;
- Experience in training local staff on data analysis, report writing and use of internet resources;
- Experience in disseminating census data and socio-demographic analyzes to a wide audience, as well as in motivating the use of data and results in development planning and policy issues;
- Knowledge and experience of the preparation phases of population and housing censuses in Africa;
- Have mastery of commonly used software (word processing, spreadsheets and software/data analysis: SPSS, STATA, etc.), knowledge of CS-Pro software is a plus;
- Have a good ability to write concise, precise and synthetic reports;
- Experience working with the United Nations System and demographic surveys and censuses will be an asset.
- Have a good command of oral and written French; and an ability to work fluently in English.
- Good command of oral and written French (fluent);
- Working knowledge of English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNFPA.