Deadline: 2 January 2020
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Business Support Assistant (Logistics) in Yerevan, Armenia. The duration of this post is 6 months.
The Business Support Assistant (Logistics) will be responsible to provide necessary assistance to the Supply Chain Unit under the overall guidance of the Country Director and direct supervision of the Supply Chain Officer.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Business Support Assistant (Logistics) will perform the following functions-
- Support the maintenance of Supply Chain Unit files, documents and records in accordance with established systems and processes, so that information is up-to-date and readily available for staff.
- Provide timely and efficient support to the Supply Chain Unit in the acquisition of goods and services for the Country Office operations.
- Collect and compile data, produce and/or contribute to the preparation of the reports and ensure information accuracy in relevant databases.
- Research, collate and present information in standard formats to the Head of Supply Chain Unit for further review and processing.
- Provide support to logistics operations and activities, following standard processes and facilitating, directly and indirectly, the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
- Support management of logistics vendors’ contracting activities including performance monitoring and measurement.
- Enter data into WFP corporate systems regarding commodity arrival and discharge information.
- Respond to a variety of technical queries/requests for support, following standard processes, and through obtaining guidance as required, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of all enquiries with a high standard of client service mind-set.
- Assist in the management of commodity accounting data quality and integrity.
- Assist in inventory management monitoring processes to track trends and accounts for the inventory status from source to beneficiary.
- Record detailed information on losses, damages and commodities received in good condition.
- Process documentation for execution of logistics operations (e.g. invoice verification).
- Create Purchase Orders for Transport and Logistics services; create Service Entry Sheets for Transport and Logistics services.
- Perform other related duties, if required.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary school education.
- Higher education in the field of Economics, Statistics, Information Technology, Business Management or other relevant field is desired.
- At least 1 year of progressively responsible support work experience in the field of finance, accounting, transport, insurance, statistics, operations, administrative services or other related field.
- Knowledge & Skills: Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel and Access).
- Experience in providing technical business support in corporate systems.
- Experience analysing data and drafting reports.
- Knowledge of transport, goods and services market.
- Ability to write in a concise and effective manner.
- Fluency (level C) in oral and written communication in Armenian and English.
- Working knowledge (level B) in Russian is desired.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WFP.