Deadline: 02 September 2018
World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Administration Associate in Beirut, Lebanon.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Administration Associate will perform the following functions:
- Verify resource requirements in the area of responsibility (WFP facilities, assets, light vehicle fleet, etc.), and assist in the identification of new requirements to facilitate efficiency and costeffectiveness of operations and services.
- Responsible for provision of services such as facilities management, travel, protocol and light vehicle management related, etc., reporting any discrepancies to the supervisor for consistent and timely delivery of services, to ensure the provision of a safe and comfortable working environment for WFP staff.
- Support the production of various data and compile and prepare reports in order to contribute to the provision of accurate information for informative decision-making and to support the effective and timely management of WFP resources.
- Contribute to planning, monitoring and processing administrative actions related to procurement, finance, human resources, etc., including contracts with external vendors to ensure all data is accurately and timely recorded, processed in WFP corporate systems and any operational issues addressed.
- Adapt and update administrative processes, supporting the implementation of operating procedures, in order to contribute to the continuous improvement of administration services in the area of responsibility.
- Answer a range of queries related to the provision of administrative services in order to support the resolution of daily issues.
- Coordinate the activities of a team of staff working in the Country Office and in the Sub- Offices, to ensure individual and team objectives are met in compliance with all relevant regulations, policies, and procedures, and performance plan.
- Organize, monitor, and prioritize own and team’s efforts to ensure that they will fulfill the needs of internal and external partners.
- Undertake all reports and updates in relation to countrywide assets and ensure they are recorded on GEMS software.
- Take the lead in the organization of VIP missions and high-level visitors.
- Undertake all drafting of Protocol correspondences and requests made to government institutions for the review of Head of Unit.
- Act as WINGS Focal Point in terms of raising Micro Purchase Orders, Purchase Requisitions, Purchase Orders, and coordinate with Procurement and Finance units on relevant reports and processes.
- Perform any other duties as required by the supervisor.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary school education.
- University degree in Business Administration or other related functional area.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in general administrative work with at least 2 years of experience in Protocol and Logistics.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in Arabic and English languages.
- Fluency in French.
- Nationality of Lebanon.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WFP.