Deadline: 23 January 2022
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Administration Officer in Nairobi, Kenya. The duration of this post is 12 months.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Administration Officer will perform the following functions:
- Plans, develops and manages all procurement and contractual aspects of requests from the United Nations Environment Programme, taking into account service provision arrangements and other conditions.
- Advise requisitioning units and recipient entities on the full range of procurement issues, providing support and guidance at all stage of the procurement cycle.
- Prepare/oversee preparation and possible distribution of solicitation packages and manages/conducts all aspects of bid/proposal evaluations.
- Formulate strategies and designs innovative solutions to resolve issues/conflicts for complex procurement projects.
- Establish and maintain work program and schedule for ongoing service provision contracts and newly planned ones.
- Conduct market research to keep abreast of market developments researches and analyzes statistical data and market reports on the world commodity situation, production patterns and availability of good and services.
- Identify new technologies, and products/services, evaluates and recommends potential supply sources and participates in the incorporation of research results into the procurement program.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent degree) in business administration, public administration, commerce, engineering, law or a related field is required.
- University Degree in combination with 2 additional year’s qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced University Degree.
- Professional certification in supply chain such as Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply certification (CIPS Level 4) or equivalent is required.
- Minimum 5 year’s progressively responsible experience in procurement, contract management, contract administration or logistics and supply chain management or related area is required.
- Minimum 2 consecutive years of experience in conducting international tender exercises to award contracts, during the last five years is desirable.
- Experience in sourcing, cleaning and preparing data, selection and developing visualization/metrics in transportation, procurement, and/or supply chain management that enable easy communication/interpretation by the users is desirable.
- Fluency in written and oral English required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.