Deadline: 18 December 2019
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Administrative Associate in Mutare, Zimbabwe.
The Administrative Associate will be responsible to work in close collaboration with the operations, finance, project managers and project teams to exchange information and ensure consistent and quality service delivery.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Administrative Associate will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Management Support
- Coordinate individual work areas and coaches personnel in execution of standard office transactions, processes and client services for work areas, ensuring full compliance with UNOPS rules, regulations, policies and strategies and knowledge of the work areas.
- Monitor team performance against service agreements with clients, and client satisfaction.
- Implement the control mechanism for designated administrative services, including maintenance of administrative control records such as commitments and expenditures.
- Administer inventory control, supervising proper issuance of inventory items and supplies.
- Review travel authorizations, documentation, payments.
- Team Management
- Facilitate the engagement and provision of high quality results and services of the team supervised through effective work planning, performance management, coaching, and promotion of learning and development.
- Provide oversight, ensuring compliance by team members with existing policies and best practices.
- Logistics, Asset Management Services
- Ensure effective and efficient provision of logistics and asset management support services, meeting client needs and in compliance with UNOPS rules, regulations, policies and strategies, covering:
- Oversee implementation of logistics system in accordance with UNOPS logistical procedures
Co-ordinates and supervises processes and services in shipments and customs clearance, travel, events management, administrative surveys, transportation services and insurance, building/facilities/space management, office supplies.
- Coordinate supply and assets management services and physical verification of inventory items ensuring timely preparation and submission of periodic inventory reports.
- Knowledge building and Knowledge Sharing
- Organize, facilitate and/or deliver training and learning initiatives for personnel on Administration related topics.
- Provide sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice by synthesizing of lessons learnt and dissemination of best practices in human resources.
- Collect feedback, ideas, and internal knowledge about processes and best practices and utilize productively.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Technical Diploma or University degree (or equivalent) in Business/Public Administration or related fields is an asset.
- 6 years of relevant experience in general administrative, logistics, or operation’s support services in national or international public or corporate organizations is required.
- Experience in UN system/organizations is desirable.
- Experience in use of Enterprise systems including OneUNOPS is desirable.
- Fluency in written and oral English is required.
- Knowledge French language is an added advantage.
- Nationality of Zimbabwe.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit a CV and cover letter along with their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.