Deadline: 29 August 2020
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Administrative Officer in Harare, Zimbabwe. The duration of this post is 2 years.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Administrative Officer will perform the following functions-
- Advise in the preparation of the Programme of Work and Budget (PWB) in consultation with relevant technical officers and the HQ technical divisions.
- Prepare and consolidate work plan.
- Propose revised plan and strategic measure to implement successfully the biennial programme of work and monitor effectively budgetary trends.
- Prepare periodic budget reports for submission.
- Prepare post planning and monitoring and other regular and ad hoc reports.
- Contribute to the development of results-based management concepts and policies and monitoring and reporting procedures.
- Develop, implement and monitor corporate activities, identifies operational, administrative, information technology and other constraints and proposes solutions to improve quality, timeliness and cost effectiveness.
- Act as Certifying Officer, monitors availability of funds under all programmes.
- Ensure that financial commitments and expenditures are accurate and consistent with established guidelines.
- Establish effective working relationships with Government counterparts at appropriate level for Government Contributions to the work programme.
- Oversee operational and staffing requirements of the Office and its projects, and ensure optimal staffing of the office and projects.
- Participate in review meetings to assess managerial and operational capacities, scrutinize reliability and solvency of selected implementing partners.
- Assess training needs and encourages training events as well as other human resources-related activities.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in business or public administration, accounting or a related field.
- 7 year’s of relevant experience in financial management, administration and planning.
- Experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions, is desirable.
- Experience in financial management, administration and planning.
- Experience in organizing programme proposals and monitor programme implementation.
- Knowledge of English and limited knowledge of another FAO official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.