Deadline: 9 April 2020
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Administrative Officer in Montreal, Canada.
UNEP’s mission is to provide leadership and encourage partnership in caring for the environment by inspiring, informing, and enabling nations and peoples to improve their quality of life without compromising that of future generations.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Administrative Officer will perform the following functions-
- Human Resources Management
- Initiate and coordinate all actions covering the entire span of human resources activities, e.g, recruitment, placement, promotion, performance appraisal, vacancies, job classification reviews, separation of staff members, training, etc., ensuring consistency in the application of UN rules and procedures.
- Provide expert advice with respect to conditions of service, duties and responsibilities, and privileges and entitlements under the Staff Rules and Regulations.
- Represent the Department/Unit at Departmental Panels and appointment bodies.
- General Administration
- Implement and monitor support services, including procurement of supplies and services, transport, travel and traffic, communications, engineering and information technology support and provision of local utilities and service requirements.
- Supervise a staff team and/or provide advice to others on human resource administration, financial administration and management information issues and practices to colleagues.
- Produce major/complex reports for management.
- Financial Matters
- Initiate and conduct studies to improve reporting systems (for e.g. time and attendance, vacancy rates etc) on human resources and cost-effective utilization of program resources.
- Monitor and control budgetary allocations through regular reviews; drafts routine and ad hoc outputs.
- Establish and maintain a set of sound policies, procedures, standards and tools which are consistent with UN policy and practice in order to ensure proper accounting, financial management and control.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) in business and or public administration, finance, accounting, law or related area is required.
- First Level University Degree in combination with 2 additional year’s of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Certification in HR is required.
- Minimum 7 year’s of progressively responsible experience in administration and/or human resource management, finance, accounting is required.
- Experience in Human Resource processes is required.
- Experience with Systems Applications and Products (SAP) or similar Enterprise Resource Planning system (ERP) is required.
- Experience with an international organization and/or the United Nations is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
- Fluency in written and oral English is required. W
- Working knowledge of French is required.
- Working knowledge of other UN languages is an asset.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNEP.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.