Deadline: 7 April 2020
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Audit Specialist in Pretoria, South Africa. The duration of this post is 2 years.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Audit Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Assess the team members’ performance in a participatory manner and documents lessons learned.
- Provide direction and guidance to, and coaches team members ensuring effective team functioning.
- Present audit results to management.
- Monitor the status of audit recommendations and appraises adequacy of action taken on audit recommendations.
- Client Services
- As a team leader or a team member, conduct internal audit of UNDP country offices in the regions covered by the RAC-ESA.
- Conduct audits in accordance with the International Standards for Internal Auditing and OAI policies.
- Assess the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls and risk management.
- Document findings and communicates orally and/or in writing to the country offices on their compliance, performance and potential for improvement.
- Recommend actions to address shortcomings identified, strengthen internal controls and improve business processes.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s) in Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, or related field.
- First Level Degree in combination with a certification as Chartered Accountant or Certified Public Accountant may be accepted in lieu of an advanced degree.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) designation is highly desirable.
- Additional professional certifications (CISA, CFE) are an advantage.
- Minimum 7 year’s of professional experience in audit or another directly relevant area, several of which in internal audit (planning, leading and undertaking internal audit assignments).
- Working experience in an International Organization and field experience are desirable.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of additional United Nations official languages is an advantage.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNDP.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.