Deadline: 25 June 2019
Plan International is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Business Analyst in Monrovia, Liberia.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Business Analyst will perform the following functions-
- Daily follow-up and review of staff and partner advances liquidations and entering in GL after approval.
- Ensure bank reconciliations are timely produced and reviewed for CFM approval and follow-up on un-reconciling items.
- Ensure monthly financial corporate WARO reports are performed and sent on time (Target Bank Balance, Finance Statistics, Partners outstanding advances report, etc).
- Analyze / Review PU financial reports and prepare feedbacks to PUMs.
- Participate to the budgeting process and ensures that operational plans are consistent with the approved budgets.
- Reviews budget entries in SAP and keeps records of budget modifications on file.
- Weekly updating of SAP with GL expenditure export file.
- Preparation of countrywide Budget Vs Actual monthly analysis for CMT information and decision making on budget burning situation.
- Staff training on financial processes.
- Support field planning processes and actively participates in partners and field based community organizations (CMP) training and empowerment.
- Train staff and partners on fraud risks awareness and test effectiveness of current controls.
- Ensure appropriate financial controls processes, procedures and systems are in place and adhered to countrywide.
- Follow up finance-related audits with partners and ensure adequate actions lists are developed to tackle issues immediately.
- Perform expenditures analyses with cost effectiveness of operations orientation.
Applicants must have-
- Qualified accountant (e.g. CPA or equivalent).
- Relevant post qualification experience.
- In depth knowledge of financial systems, financial management and reporting.
- Good knowledge of local accounting practices, standards, procedures and regulations.
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards, Control standards and the reporting requirements of major international grant donors.
- Strong management skills.
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment
- Strong team-building and motivational skills.
- Strong negotiating, facilitating and influencing skills.
- Proficiency in computer skills and use of relevant software and other applications, e.g. word processing, spreadsheet, database, web-based system.
- Working knowledge of written and spoken English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit Plan International.