Deadline: 12 December 2019
Save the Children is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Business Development Advisor in Freetown, Sierra Leone.
The Business Development Advisor will responsible for ensuring high quality proposal writing and fundraising for development of innovative programs that deliver immediate and lasting change for children as well as building and maintaining strategic partnerships with donors and SC Members.
Save the Children’s mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Business Development Advisor will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- New Business Development
- Ensure that the Country Office has a comprehensive Business Development Strategy in place, which is in line with the Country Strategy, and is implemented and monitored effectively.
- Identify, research, and disseminate information on new funding opportunities from bilateral, multi-lateral, and other institutional donors.
- Position Country Office to successfully win and manage medium and large grants, including support management of Country Portfolio and setting of financial targets.
- Lead development of high-value or complex proposals or bids including proposal writing and interdepartmental coordination with Program, Operations, Awards and Finance team for proposal development.
- Cultivate business relationships with external stakeholders and potential partners for large scale or strategic funding opportunities.
- Track up-coming funding opportunities, donor engagement and proposal development process. Provide regular updates to the Director of PDQ on status of the funding portfolio and key trends to monitor.
- Assist in developing funding strategies for thematic programme plans and cross-sectoral integration.
- Donor Engagement
- Lead the development and regular update of donor engagement strategy to assist in growing the Sierra Leone and Liberia portfolio, consistent with the Country Strategy.
- Cultivate excellent working relationships with donor agencies at regional and country level as appropriate and in collaboration with the Director of Programme Development and Quality.
Applicant must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Master’s Degree in Development Practice, Social Science or relevant field.
- Minimum 7 year’s experience in development and or emergency contexts, preferably with solid experience in at least 2 priority sectors of Save the Children: education, protection, child rights governance, health and nutrition.
- Proven track record in producing winning bids and proposals for institutional donors, corporates / private sector and others.
- Strong understanding and experience with USG, DFID, EU, UN and other institutional donor funding mechanisms and contract regulations.
- Excellent writing/editing, reporting, budget development and presentation/communication skills.
- Experience in coordinating development of large-scale or strategic proposals, including the development of multi-million dollar project budgets.
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written, required.
- Commitment to Save the Children values, including willingness to abide by and enforce the Child Safeguarding policy.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document please also include details of their current remuneration and salary expectations with their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit Save the Children.