Deadline: 5 February 2020
Save the Children is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Business Development Manager in Erbil, Iraq.
Save the Children’s mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Business Development Manager will perform the following functions:
- New Business Development
- Review, operationalise and track progress against Save the Children Iraq’s fundraising strategy for the 2019-2021 strategic plan period in a structured way.
- Identify, research, and disseminate information on new funding opportunities from bilateral, multi-lateral, and other institutional donors.
- Pro-actively seek local donor intelligence on prospective new opportunities or partnerships.
- Document and communicate progress on new business development through weekly email updates to SMT, regional office and other relevant colleagues.
- Proposal Development
- Lead the coordination of proposal development processes, ensuring smooth information sharing between technical and operation teams and members, to deliver high quality submissions.
- In collaboration with members and PDQ, broker technical assistance and other resources to support proposal development and play an active, flexible role on proposal development teams.
- Drive interdepartmental coordination for project design with PDQ, advocacy, programme operations (for field team inputs, logistics requirements, costings, etc.), security, logistics, finance, and HR (for staffing requirements).
- Facilitate go/no go meetings, including preparation of opportunity decision guides in advance.
- Ensure full internal and member review and sign off as per the proposal development process.
- Facilitate Donor Engagement
- Coordinate and organize structured donor engagement for the Country Office, working closely with the regional and member offices, and Iraq team to plan and initiate regular donor check-in/updates.
- Cultivate business relationships with external stakeholders and potential partners for large scale or strategic funding opportunities, either as a prime or sub-recipient in consortium arrangements.
- Effectively represent SC programme objectives, capacity and challenges to donors, fostering long term relationships and represent Save the Children as a generalist, alongside technical experts, in donor or partner meetings and design processes as necessary.
- Track donor engagement and ensure notes are captured with the donor engagement tracker.
Applicant must have:
- Humanitarian/development professional with a relevant Masters’ Degree or equivalent professional experience.
- Demonstrated experience of leading successful fundraising and new business development for non-governmental organisations, in humanitarian, development or nexus contexts.
- Experience in coordinating development of large-scale or strategic proposals, including the development of multi-million dollar project budgets for multilateral and bilateral donors.
- Excellent coordination and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate, represent and negotiate clearly and effectively at all levels.
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in.
- Ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner.
- Ability and willingness to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies.
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written, required.
- Commitment to Save the Children values, including willingness to abide by and enforce the Child Safeguarding policy.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document please also include details of their current remuneration and salary expectations with their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit Save the Children.