Deadline: 24 October 2018
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Business Development Specialist in Oecussi Ambeno, East Timor. The duration of this post is 6 months.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Initiate, create and develop long-term relationships with local businesses to foster their capacity for production and investment.
- Assess the needs, constraints, strengths and weaknesses of each idea or local business.
- Facilitate Business planning to identify and establish business development opportunities.
- Develop the Business Plans for investment of at least 4 local business.
- Support local business in the presentation of all documents for the “Competition of Ideas” stage.
- Identify training needs of local businesses.
- Facilitate capacity building of small enterprises to address identified weaknesses.
- Develop a strategy/schedule to mentor and monitor the implementation of the business plans selected for investment.
- Organize, in coordination with all the team, the implementation of all activities, workshops, events of the Oe-cusse Business Incubator.Implement specific trainings for the local business.
- Contribute to sharing lessons learned and knowledge with the project staff or related CO staff.
- Prepare and implement workshops oriented to involve young people into business activities.
- Support the implementation of OBI Business Incubator at school.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Administration, social sciences or related areas.
- Master’s degree in economic development or business management an advantage (not obligatory).
- At least 2 years for Bachelor’s degree and 0 year for master’s degree in previous experience in business development support in the public or private sector.
- Experience with UNDP is a very strong advantage.
- Experience in the usage of computers and word/excel package.
- Comfortable learning new software as needed, transferring the knowledge and providing training.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) is an advantage.
- Working knowledge of Tetun or Baikeno is compulsory.
- Portuguese is an advantage.
- Nationality of East Timor.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.