Deadline: 25 October 2019
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Business Support and Monitoring, Reporting Analyst in Dakar, Senegal.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Business Support and Monitoring, Reporting Analyst will perform the following functions-
- Contribute to Provide business support and guidance on work related to strategic planning, results-based monitoring and reporting:
- Organize and coordinate review, appraisal and approval-related meetings and events with Senegal Project Officers as needed.
- Prepare analysis of performance and progress of Senegal projects against agreed on results and indicators.
- Collect, aggregate and analyze data and draft recommendations for Senegal Office’s overall programme and project quality improvement.
- Facilitate and substantively contribute to the incorporation of monitoring and reporting into programme formulation:
- Contribute to annual work plan monitoring, reviews and reporting.
- Provide technical support to partners in developing Performance Monitoring Frameworks (PMFs), systems and plans, and Baseline Surveys.
- Facilitate the clearance of donor agreements and Programme Cooperation Agreements with UN Women Senegal.
- Contribute substantively to the monitoring and tracking of results against country/ regional level targets and UN Women Strategic Plan:
- Visit partners, along with the Programme Team, to support monitoring of results and planning processes as required.
- Monitor the spending of donor funds and other programme expenditures and disbursements.
- Draft and monitor the UN Women Senegal’s Monitoring, Evaluation, and Research Plan.
- Facilitate the reporting of results to internal (Senior Management) and external (Donors) audiences:
- Identify relevant evaluation findings, conclusions and recommendations and input them into programme reporting.
- Review progress reports submitted by partners and provide feedback to improve quality and timeliness of reporting.
- Collect and maintain data for country, regional and global corporate reports, mid-term reviews, and final evaluations.
- Provide technical support to the UN Women Senegal in the implementation the UN Women Evaluation Policy:
- Coordinate the implementation of UN Women’s Evaluation plan in UN Women Senegal.
- Provide guidance to programme staff on evaluations.
- Ensure communication between the UN Women Senegal and RO regarding Evaluations.
- Contribute to knowledge building and capacity building:
- Contribute to the development of capacity development tools, including training materials and packages.
- Facilitate capacity building opportunities for staff and partners in the Senegal and other countries in the areas of Results Based Management (RBM), Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Promote the awareness and understanding of the shared responsibility of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) among all staff members through communication, training, learning and development activities.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Political or Social Science, Economics, International Development Studies, Gender/Women’s Studies is required.
- At least 2 years of experience working with web-based results tracking systems, online platform for project/programme management, or other types of online systems in the context of international development work at country or regional levels.
- Knowledge and experience in programming and programme/project management.
- Experience in working with development institutions (e.g. UN agencies, multilateral/bilateral development institutions, etc.) in an asset.
- Experience in analyzing and summarizing quantitative and/or qualitative results data is an asset.
- Experience in providing help desk support, including conducting training and preparing user guides, for end users of IT system would be an asset.
- Experience in specification of business cases and functional requirements for IT system would be an asset.
- Ability to synthesize program performance data and produce analytical reports.
- Good analytical and report writing skills.
- Knowledge of UN programme management systems.
- Fluency in English and French is required.
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UN Women.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.