Deadline: 21 February 2017
World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Business Support Assistant in Djibouti City, Djibouti.
The Business Support Assistant will provide assistance within the standard procedures for a specific occupational field of work, to facilitate effective service delivery.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Business Support Assistant will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Assist and collect as much information on billing delays to ensure that WFP’s interests are fully covered and share information with relevant / relevant units.
- Ensure the verification and timely processing of invoices.
- Maintain the invoice tracking database and ensure that it is updated in a timely manner.
- Request country offices to provide advance funds for shipments in accordance with WFP’s accounting compliance.
- Ensure that funds are recorded and maintained in the WFP system prior to receipt of invoices.
- Directly inform the direct supervisor of loss and damage and the collection of documentary support for the damage to be sent to the Legal Department at Headquarters.
- Assistance in response to damaged cargo and arrangements for adequate inspections, sampling, testing and final settlement of contested cargoes.
- Assist in accounting, report on food and non-food products and ensure the proper functioning of internal control systems and maintain all relevant records.
- Maintain contractual costs and rates for port, shipping and transportation services.
- Ensure that invoices are properly cleared prior to submission for payment and keep the relevant billing database properly managed.
- Perform other duties as required.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Completion of secondary education.
- 4 years minimum experience of progressive professional responsibility in the field related to the sector in question with general experience in the administrative and secretarial field.
- Competence in the use of office equipment and software such as Microsoft Word.
- Knowledge of routine work and methods to apply procedures with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated tact and courtesy by communicating or receiving information with different types of individuals.
- Ability to identify errors and solve problems requiring attention.
- Ability to provide guidance or training in the workplace to staff members of the same or lower grade.
- Very good command of the English language.
- Very good mastery or intermediate level of another official language may be requested depending on the location of the post or the area of responsibility.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit WFP.