Deadline: 3 March 2021
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Business Support Assistant (Management) in Johannesburg, South Africa. The duration of this post is 1 year.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Business Support Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Administration and Office Management
- Provide dedicated support to RD’s office.
- Prepare and/or reports, documentation, briefing notes, etc and conduct research in the area of work.
- Oversee the maintenance of records and databases to ensure all information is organised and readily available for RD/DRD’s and compliant with all regulations and policies.
- Prepare and or print briefing materials for both RD/DRD for use on official trips and executive board meetings.
- Make travel arrangements for RD/DRD – including preparation of trip documents, tickets and hotel reservations and submission of security clearance.
- Coordination of activities for the RD’s office
- Maintenance the RD/DRD calendar and schedule appointments and meetings.
- Support the RD/DRD in preparation and organisation of regional meetings/ workshops.
- Assist RD/DRD in all the Gender Dimension Activities
- Act as gender: Results Network Focal Point.
- Support in close consultation with Gender Officer, the communication of gender mainstreaming activities to internal and external audiences.
- Advise the RD/DRD on gender issues.
- Support the development of programming around gender, women’s empowerment and women’s rights.
- Provide inputs to gender policy as required.
- Communication & Information disemination
- Provide a full range of business support services to the RD’s office to contribute to the effective functioning of business operations.
- Revise and review corespondence and documentation, providing feedback and making amendments where appropriate, to contribute to production of these materials to time and quality standards.
- Actively seek and use feedback to improve business processes and procedures.
Applicant must have:
- Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in administration.
- 4 years of progressively responsible work experience in the relative business stream with experience in general administrative work.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.