Deadline: 8 May 2019
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Business Support Associate in Bujumbura, Burundi.
The Business Support Associate will be responsible to coordinate and monitor a full range of business support services for a specific professional area of work to ensure effective service delivery.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Business Support Associate will perform the following functions:
- Coordinate activities and support the secretariat or reception in the follow-up of current files.
- Prepare / coordinate briefing notes on questions and items to be sent to the Representative or his / her Assistant for discussions with partners.
- Prepare meetings of the Heads of Units with the Representative by preparing the agenda in consultation with the latter or his Deputy and the Heads of Units;
- Attend meetings of Section Chiefs and Senior Officials and write minutes and / or notes to be filed in the file.
- Manage the agenda of the Representative and his Deputy and propose appointments in their place.
- Ensure the logistical aspects for the travel of the Representative and his Assistant (TA, Security Visa, hotel reservation, etc.)
- Systematically update the database of contacts (e-mail and phones) of focal points of partner Ministries and donors and other partners.
- Coordinate with United Nations Country Team (UNCT) Assistants on the planning of meetings to be attended by the Representative. and the briefer, his Deputy or the Office Manager as the case may be.
- Coordinate and respond appropriately to sensitive external calls and requests for written information addressed to the Representative or his Deputy.
- Assist the Representative and / or his / her deputy in monitoring the progress of tasks assigned to the different Units and develop a file processing follow-up system.
- Perform relevant administrative tasks within the Representative’s Office, namely the preparation of draft letters. Set up a filing system and search for records.
- Verify and verify that the supporting documents are correct and accurate for the processing of the various files submitted to the Representative or his deputy.
- Answer questions and provide existing information in the files and coordinate, as appropriate, with the sub-offices.
- Compile the quarterly plan of the managers’ leave every month and submit it to the attention of the Representative or his Deputy.
- Coordinate with the Reports / Information Officer and Head of Sub-Offices on matters of general interest and take action.
- Check and clean the outgoing mail submitted for signature and propose corrections to the issuing units before final deposit at the Representative’s office or his Deputy.
Applicants must have-
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Arts, Social Sciences, Law or other similar field.
- Perfect command of spoken and written English and French.
- Solid minimum professional experience of 6 years in relevant fields preferably within the United Nations or NGOs, Private Sector or Similar Organizations;
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with colleagues, supervisors, subordinates and external contacts.
- Good adaptation in a multicultural environment and good interprofessional relations.
- Ability to perform work that is accurate and neat, produced on time and on a standard basis.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Good writing skills.
- Knowledge of processing of texts and tables (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Electronic Mail), etc.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit at WFP.