Deadline: 27 September 2019
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Business Support Associate in Yaounde, Cameroon. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The Business Support Associate will be ensure the smooth running of Management’s work and stands as administrative interface between the Country Director and the other Units and shall ensure smooth communication between Country Office and Internal/External clients.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Business Support Associate will perform the following functions:
- Provide dedicated executive assistant support.
- Prepare and/or consolidate comprehensive reports, documentation, correspondence, briefing notes, etc. and conduct research in work.
- Facilitate efficient flow of communication: screens and properly diverts calls to concerned party.
- Oversee the maintenance of records and databases to ensure information is organised and readily available for staff and compliant with all relevant regulations and policies.
- Revise and review correspondence and documentation, providing feedback and making amendments where appropriate, to contribute to production of these materials to time and quality standards.
- Responsible for reception and orientation of the Country Directors’ visitors.
- Responsible for the distribution of incoming and outgoing mails and bills.
- Prepare and monitor budgets for CD’s running costs in the office & house.
- Ensure that services requested in the CD’s office are provided.
- Take notes, prepare minutes and update decision follow-up table of the CD’ chaired meetings, ensuring that relevant team members produce regular updates.
- Plan and coordinate all in-country high level visits of guests, ensuring appropriate logistic and notification to officials/administrative for appointments as convenient.
- Actively seek and use feedback to improve business processes and procedures.
- Provide advice, support and/or training to junior support staff in the provision of business support services, to support their learning in providing business support.
- Manage and coordinate regional or international high level meetings/events to be held in Cameroon, in collaboration with the CO administration and the meeting or event’s focal point.
Applicants must have:
- University degree in Office Administration, Diplomacy, International Relations, Journalism, Marketing Communications, or related fields will be an asset.
- At least 3 years of progressively responsible professional experience in in a similar position preferably in an International Organisation (UN, NGOs, Private Sector).
- Field or international experience would be an asset.
- Proven experience of generating great written content, on and offline.
- Experience working both in the capital and field will be and added advantage.
- Good report writing skills and fully computer literate (Excel, Word etc.).
- Planning and organization skills.
- Time management skills.
- Timely submission of deliverables.
- Clear communication both orally and written.
- A good network among the NGOs, UN, Donors and Government high level civil will be an asset.
- Fluency in either French (level C) or English (level C) with a working knowledge of the other.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit at WFP.