Deadline: 15 April 2019
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Business Transformation Officer in Rome, Italy.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Business Transformation Officer will perform the following functions:
- Lead the Application Hosting and Maintenance team within the Service Management Branch, to support all WFP solutions globally.
- Participate in the development of plans, budgets and policies, and lead the design and deployment of IT/TC systems aligned with business needs, in line with WFP corporate standards.
- Design and run hosting services, both on-premises and on cloud
- Coordinate application maintenance with IT Architecture and Solution Delivery.
- Mainstream DevSecOps principles and best practices.
- Coordinate problem management and troubleshooting concerning issues that affect WFP applications.
- Implement cybersecurity best practices throughout on-premises and on cloud solutions.
- Serve as member of the Architecture, Release, Demand and Project boards.
- Review system architectures and provide input to IT Architecture and Solution Delivery.
- Participate in emergency preparedness and contingency planning, providing technical recommendations and monitoring the management of risks, so that WFP can maintain basic IT services and/or quickly respond and deploy resources to affected areas at the onset of a crisis.
- Represent WFP at international meetings and conferences, to gather and share best practice, and propose new approaches to improve IT/TC service delivery.
- Manage and motivate the team, providing coaching, training and guidance to ensure appropriate development and enable high performance.
- Other duties as required.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree in Computer Science, engineering or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience or trainings/courses.
- 8 years or more (of which three international) of postgraduate progressively responsible professional experience in IT with an interest in international humanitarian development.
- 4 years or more in Application Hosting and Maintenance within international companies and organization.
- 3 years of more of Application Hosting and maintenance experience within a complex environment.
- Significant experience of managing large teams of staff with somewhat varied areas of expertise.
- Built strong relationships with internal and external partners to identify key business issues and identify new/improved IT solutions and services.
- Extensive experience managing application support for corporate services in a large international organization.
- Strong leadership, ability to lead a highly effective team coupled with project and programme management skills.
- Sound experience in IT Operations, both in offices and sub-offices.
- Solid soft skills, tact and maturity, ability to interact with other IT teams and with business counterparts.
- Very good reporting skills.
- Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy.
- Fluency in oral and written English with an intermediate knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish) or Portuguese (one of WFP’s working languages).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit at WFP.