Deadline: 1 August 2020
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Chief of Party in Mogadishu, Somalia. The duration of this post is 2 years.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Chief of Party will perform the following functions:
- Provide overall leadership of the BRCiS programme through clear strategic vision and direction and strong management towards the achievement of results.
- Direct leadership to the BRCIS Coordination Management Unit and enhancement of its working environment.
- Articulate a vision for the consortium, with its members, that ensures impact is greater than the sum of the parts.
- Establish and enhance pro-active BRCiS coordination structures, systems and processes and Effective functioning of different governance structures.
- Consortium strategy development and Leadership and strategic direction in developing new consortium programmes and approaches.
- Ensure the highest standards of quality and accountability through compliance and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures.
- Development of policies, strategies, tools and new approaches, with a focus on innovation and piloting in a way that ensures the consortia challenge themselves and finds ever greater return on investment.
- Identify and harness the unique competencies of members and their collaborators to enhance programme delivery for the benefit of all.
- Build a cost-effective business model with greater, more sustainable impact through purposeful collaboration within networks of local, national and regional actors.
- Travel to programme sites to engage with BRCIS staff and community members to monitor progress and adapt the programme’s approach as needed.
Applicants must have:
- Previous experience of leading and coordinating consortium with substantial funding and institutional donor support (DFID, EU, USAID, World Bank and other similar donors).
- Degree in international relations, business, economics or related field.
- 5+ year’s experience of working as a senior Manager in a humanitarian, recovery and development context
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of resilience programming, strategic development and program design, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Strong analytical skills, sound judgement and the capacity to think and plan strategically, including the ability to produce high quality policy materials for resilience implementation.
- Proven understanding of the workings of international aid agencies, including the opportunities and constraints to greater impact at scale.
- Experience of working in collaboration with diverse actors to enhance impact and sustainability.
- Excellent technical writing skills in English language Including the ability to write high quality concept notes and technical sections for donor proposals.
- Experience in dealing with institutional actors and government authorities.
- Demonstrated experience in logistics, procurement, HR and finance management, including grant compliance.
- Strong M&E experience, including in complex programmes with high-profile evaluations.
- Experience in organizational representation, coordination and liaison.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit NRC.