Deadline: 22 October 2018
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communications and Reporting Officer in Juba, South Sudan.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Communications and Reporting Officer will perform the following functions-
- Provide strategic oversight, advice and direction on all communications activities in line with the SSOC communication strategy and in coordination with UNOPS corporate policies and procedures.
- Ensure that the Operations Center Director/Representative and SSOC program team are provided with professional expertise and advice on all aspects of external relations communication as required.
- Lead the required media relations to ensure the desired level of positive press coverage in national and international media.
- Provide media briefing documents and guidance to UNOPS spokespeople at HQ and other offices globally.
- Participate in, and provide professional leadership to organization-wide communication planning by representing SSOC in interagency working groups and task forces to ensure coordination with other UN Agencies.
- Implement daily aspects of SSOC’s Communication Strategy.
- Support project managers to ensure compliance with donor project agreements and other projects related contracts.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Advanced University Degree in Communications, Monitoring and Evaluation, Project Management, Business Administration, Political/Development Studies, or other relevant discipline is required.
- First level university degree combined with 2 additional years of relevant experience will substitute the requirement for an advanced degree.
- 5 years of experience in communications and report writing is required.
- Knowledge of the UN system and familiarity with UNOPS procedures an advantage.
- Skills in report writing, communications and public relations are required.
- Full working knowledge of English is essential
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.