Deadline: 27 May 2022
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Economics Officer/Senior Economics Officer in Sri Lanka. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Economics Officer/Senior Economics Officer will perform the following functions-
- Leads and/or provides substantive inputs to the preparation of ADO country chapter, background studies, briefing material and presentations, analytical work, and country information notes.
Leads and/or contributes to the preparation of background papers and studies related to Sri Lanka’s
- development context.
- Monitors country economic, political and sector policy developments by:
- Liaising and interacting with central bank, economists, other experts and other institutions in the country and within the region;
- Maintaining close coordination with development partners
- Tracking news coverage of relevant topics; and
- Monitoring various sources of economic and statistical data
- Maintains and updates a comprehensive database on the economy
- Collates and summarizing statistical data from relevant sources;
- Verifies their validity and accuracy of data;
- Updates relevant data based on internal and external stakeholders’ requirements.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, or business and finance or public policy, preferably with advanced training.
- At least 8 years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in a specific area of ADB’s operations (economic, sector or thematic), or across multiple areas with in-depth knowledge within one area, in particular macroeconomic modeling and/or financial sector.
- Ability to undertake background research and analysis on difficult but well-defined tasks, collect, and organize required data and information, apply appropriate computer skills in analyzing and developing the data, and prepare notes, papers and sections of reports.
- Good analytical thinking.
- Ability to establish and maintain productive contacts with appropriate officials of host government, donor agencies and executing agencies.
- Effective report-writing and communication skills in English.
- Proficiency in using commonly used applications for word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, database applications and other required information technologies.
- Ability to liaise and work effectively with government officials within own work location and with colleagues throughout ADB.
- Ability to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member.
- Ability to work with individuals from different cultural/national backgrounds.
- Familiar with local language and institutions.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit ADB.