Deadline: 15 May 2018
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Emergency Specialist in Panama City, Panama.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Emergency Specialist will perform the following functions-
Emergency preparedness is reinforced in the regional and priority country offices with establishment risk assessment, contingency plans and minimum preparedness actions, including attention to cross cutting issues.
- In the event of an emergency, UNICEFs presence is promptly established and the initial emergency operational tasks are effectively executed, regional office surge support is rapidly mobilized, and emergency plans of action are developed.
- Technical advice on emergency preparedness and response and programme management related to implementation of emergency preparedness measures are effectively provided including multi sectorial needs assessment, timely delivery of assistance and supplies is provided, urgent staffing requirements are identified, and the appropriated use of UNICEF resources is monitored for effective project delivery.
- Substantive improvements are made in the emergency preparedness and response capability of UNICEF staff and implementing partners through conduct of effective training activities.
- Early Warning system/emergency preparedness platform are regularly monitored; and Cos preparedness adequate levels are promoted and enhanced through ad-hoc missions.
Applicants must have-
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in 1 of the following fields: social sciences, public administration, international law, public health, nutrition, international relations, business administration or other related disciplines.
- Preferably a combination of management, administration, and relevant technical fields
- A first University Degree in a relevant field combined with 2 additional years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience.
- Developing country work experience and familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English and Spanish.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.