Deadline: 7 October 2016
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Financial and Administrative Associate in Panama City, Panama. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The Financial and Administrative Associate will include project budget preparation, internal and external reporting, financial oversight and corrective actions to ensure the overall compliance with UNEP and fund donors’ standard rules and procedures.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Keys Jobs Responsibilities
The Financial and Administrative Associate will perform the following functions-
- Provide financial advice, quality control and support for the preparation of budgets, in close coordination with UNEP Programme Officers and Project Managers.
- Oversight and follow-up on the timely and correct registry of approved contributions, cash allocations, requested commitments and expenditures in UNEP’s financial system, and intervene with corrective measures as appropriate, to ensure accuracy and compliance with UNEP procedures, donor’s agreement and approved project outcomes.
- Prepare and ensure internal validation/approval of annual financial reports to donors and UNEP internal financial reports as required, in an accurate and timely manner.
- Support on the preparation of UNEP internal substantive reports and substantive progress reports to donors, as needed.
- Review and provide timely advice to UNEP implementing partners as necessary, on the preparation of periodically required financial reports to UNEP.
- Maintain a close track of mandatory reporting and execution deadlines of partnerships and grants, and inform UNEP Programme Officers and Project Managers as necessary.
- Contribute with budget preparation and other financial information, to the development of climate change project proposal to donors, for execution in LAC by UNEP ROLAC.
- Support UNEP Programme Officers and Project Managers in the preparation of partnership agreement documents, as necessary.
- Stand ready to provide administrative support and other related duties to UNEP ROLAC, as needed.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, finance, accounting, economics or related fields, is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience in Finance and Business Administration, or related field.
- At least 3 years working in an international/multilateral organization.
- 5 years of experience in Journal Entries and General accounting is required.
- Demonstrated solid knowledge and experience in grants reporting and budget preparation, implementation, monitoring and adjustment.
- Proven experience in working and collaborating with international and multilateral environmental donors/funds.
- Experience in working and collaborating with governments in the region of Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Experience in Project Financial Control and Account reconciliation is desired.
- Understanding of IPSAS is desired.
- Proficiency in the English and Spanish languages is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.