Deadline: 27 March 2023
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Associate Financial Control Analyst in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Financial Control Analyst will perform the following functions-
- Participates in systems development to suggest enhancements, simplifications, and changes in coordination with other departments/offices concerned, conducting user acceptance tests, and preparing for the data conversion. Diagnoses systems failures and breakdowns and takes appropriate corrective and preventive action.
- Prepares regular, customized, and ad hoc reports for internal control and decision-making purposes. Identifies relevant reports and designs new reports when needed. Suggests improvement of report parameters to address users’ demands and strengthen portfolio management, including system enhancement and automation, policy/procedures realignments as might be necessary. Closely coordinates with IT department to ensure timely resolution of system bugs and errors affecting the financial records and conducting reconciliation processes with other related financial applications.
- Provides support in reviewing and drafting the division’s disbursement instructions and procedures, evaluates the effectiveness of work programs, prepares minutes of divisional meetings attended, provides training, briefing and orientation to new staff including Resident Mission staff.
- Provides technical support to the internal and external users of the systems for loans and grants, and coordinates with concerned business areas to resolve the issue.
- Develops and enhances the automation of financial reports, business processes and workflows.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned and reflected in the incumbent’s work plan.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration major in Accounting, Economics, or Finance with in-depth knowledge of Information Technology and computer applications.
- At least 5 years of combined work experience in IT project management, project administration, or related work experience in accounting or auditing, and with direct experience in financial reports and service management automation, development and enhancement of bots, data and information management, business data analytics, data mart, big data, and business processes.
- Experience in credit, lending or finance operations would be an advantage.
- Proficiency in standard software used in multilateral institutions, particularly ServiceNow, PowerBI, Automation Anywhere, Office 365, and in-depth knowledge of a large accounting and disbursement system (e.g., Oracle ERP) and its interfaces with other systems.
- Familiarity with ADB’s loan, grant, TA business process and IT systems preferred.
- Solid understanding of the general accounting and internal controls concepts and principles, and the application thereof.
- Good analytical thinking with ability to comprehend causal links, make pros and cons analysis, and analyze factors to reach a decision.
- Analytical and systematic with strong numerical skills and attention to detail.
- Effective report-writing and communication skills in English.
- Ability to guide junior Administrative Staff and agency staff to facilitate work planning and deliver desired results with quality; proven supervisory and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with teams as constructive team member.
- Ability to plan and coordinate schedules and meet deadlines.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit ADB.