Deadline: 16 August 2017
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Financial Management Officer in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea.
The Financial Management Officer will assist in the areas of financial management, financial control, procurement, reporting, government liaison and administration.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Financial Management Officer will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Prepare updates and forecasts and monitor the progress of assigned projects through project performance reports.
- Monitor the implementation status of projects with respect to compliance with financial covenants, achievement of contract awards and disbursement projections, identify the reasons for shortfalls, and implement solutions to eliminate/reduce shortfalls.
- Identify and analyze financial issues related to project implementation and address them through interaction with the Executing Agency (EA), contractors, consultants, and project beneficiaries Prepare internal memoranda for approval including procurement reviews, reallocation of loan/grant proceeds, and changes in project scope and implementation arrangements, as required by ADB project administration instructions.
- Support the preparation of project and TA completion reports, as assigned and support project review and country portfolio review missions.
- Advise mission leaders to communicate with EAs/Implementing Agencies (IAs) and government auditors on further actions based on the summary review finding report.
- Participate in country portfolio review mission and share findings/insights.
- Closely liaison with appropriate Departments/Divisions as the need arises.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business, finance, or related field; or Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, or related field and at least 5 years experience in a development or multilateral institution.
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in the assigned sector, with supervisory experience
- Demonstrated expertise and experience in the assigned sector.
- Experience and knowledge of various stages of the project cycle (project/program planning/feasibility analysis/detailed design/project implementation).
- Excellent writing and speaking skills in English.
- Nationality of Papua New Guinea.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit ADB.