Deadline: 30 January 2020
SNV is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Global Technical Advisor, Agri-Business Investment/Blended Finance expert in The Hague, Netherlands. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The Global Technical Advisor will be responsible to provide technical backstopping to sector projects.
SNV’s mission is to make a lasting difference in the lives of millions of people living in poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Global Technical Advisor will perform the following functions:
- ACP Technical Assistance Facility (EDF project):
- Advise on improving requests and terms of reference for the missions.
- Liaise with the senior BER expert and the Global Sector Coordinator to assign team members to the missions.
- Lead missions an approx. 4 times a year.
- Liaise with DFIs, Impact investors and financial institutions to understand specific country and sub-sector barriers to investment.
- Liaise with Agri-Businesses on understanding risks and investment barriers.
- Strengthen public-private dialogues and bring in investors perspectives for the (sub)sector investment barriers.
- Advise stakeholders on policy changes, regulatory changes and practical steps necessary for investment promotion in agri-business.
- Provide technical information to substantiate de-risking strategies, blended finance strategies and evidence for policy advocacy.
- Support in-country follow up of missions.
- Reporting on mission results.
- Contribute to learning & knowledge development.
- Technical Assistance to projects and new business development:
- Provide technical assistance to a number of strategic projects in the portfolio on aspects of financial access and leveraging finance.
- Contributing to the Agriculture sector learning, develops key publications on best practices in access to finance in Agriculture and blended finance within value chain and agricultural sector development programs.
- Maintaining and expanding SNV’s relations and strategic partnerships in the Agriculture finance sector.
- Designing and developing new programmes and projects within the Agriculture sector by initiating and technically leading new donor proposal development on access to finance and blended financing.
- Identifying upgrading opportunities, public-private partnerships, investment opportunities that support an industrywide/sector wide vision.
- Representing SNV at key international impact investing and agricultural finance events;
- Providing Agricultural Finance & Investment content to SNV’s Marketing and Business Development team.
- Contributing to SNV corporate agenda beyond the Agriculture sector focusing on investments, blended finance and enabling environment.
Applicants must have:
- Graduate Degree (preferably post graduate) in Business Economics, Finance/Investment, or related field.
- Minimum 5 year’s of relevant work experience in Agri-Business investment and access to finance.
- Understanding of investment constraints and policy influencing.
- Experience in facilitating and strengthening public-private dialogues/regulations and sector – technical and at the same time knowledgeable on government policy reform and ability for trust building.
- Excellent networking capacities with private sector, governments and development finance institutions.
- Experience in working with European Commission in Brussels (DEVCO) and/or EU delegations in the ACP countries.
- Team player, strong facilitator and an excellent communicator and relationship builder in English.
- French Language is a strong advantage.
- Flexibility in frequent travel.
How to Apply
Applicants must apply by submitting a brief letter of motivation (1 page) and your CV (not more than 3 pages) through online process.
For more information, please visit SNV.