Deadline: 29 November 2018
Save the Children is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Head of Awards in Vientiane, Lao People’s Democratic Rep. The duration of this post is 2 years.
Save the Children’s mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Head of Awards will perform the following functions:
- Responsible for delivering an efficient and effective award management function by assessing KPI indicators for Country Office.
- Lead award management for all programmes and develop best practice award management processes.
- Responsible for capacity development of the local Awards team, grants management, business development and donor communications. Fundraising targets as well as the management of a portfolio of existing awards.
- Expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Development studies or relevant field.
- Excellent planning and organising skills.
- Ability to work under pressure especially in complex situations, diverse tasks and emergency contexts.
- Willingness and ability to change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies
- Demonstrate credibility with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels of an organization.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Leadership skills, including the ability to supervise and motivate qualified professional staff with strong personal value system.
- Analytical, decision making and strategic planning skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Ability to coach, mentor, delegate appropriately and provide developmental guidance to supervised staff.
- Team building and capacity building skills.
- Competent level skills in core IT applications, particularly MS Office.
- Experience of exposure to developing countries.
- Experience managing Administration and IT functions.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their CV and covering letter in English through online process.
For more information, please visit Save the Children.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.