Deadline: 26 March 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of HR & Admin Team Leader in Kibondo, Tanzania.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The HR & Admin Team Leader will perform the following functions:
- Recruitment, development and people planning
- Drive and support recruitment and selection activities ensuring compliance with DRC recruitment procedures for Tanzania and Burundi National Staff positions.
- Work with senior management team and senior staff on new staff retention strategies and initiatives.
- Support line manage in ensuring oversight and consistency in position titles and grades, across all field locations.
- Performance, well-being and compensations & benefits
- Proactively respond to and manage performance counselling, employee grievances and disciplinary issues as required, with a focus on building manager competency and ensuring that documentation is kept.
- Lead the performance management process.
- Act as an impartial mediator in disciplinary procedures and ensure it is administered in an equitable and fair manner and meets all legal and labour regulations and requirements.
- Human Resources / Administration Policies and Support
- Promote and adhere to policies and procedures in line with DRC global policies and local labour laws.
- Administer onboarding process for new staff for the country operation, and support line manager in ensuring full implementation.
- Maintain and update National Staff Human Resources Manual as necessary.
- Proactively pursue continuous process improvement in Human Resources related practices in order to enhance the quality and efficiency of output/delivery.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- 5 year’s working experience in Human Resources functions in Humanitarian sector.
- University Degree in human resources management, public or business administration, social science, or related field.
- Demonstrated understanding and working knowledge / experience of Human Resources Management principles, concepts & processes.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work; Flexible in working hours when needed.
- Excellent skills in handling and advising on complex people management issues.
- Experience in developing Human Resources strategies and policies, and driving implementation.
- Full professional proficiency in English.
- Proficiency in MS Office and use of ERP system, evidence of learning new technologies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good customer service skills.
- Strong planning and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to coach and train.
- Ability to work within a multicultural team.
- Flexible and able to handle pressure well ability to engage with staff members in an open manner, maintain confidentiality and respect.
- Familiarity with ERP systems, mainly Microsoft Dynamics or similar would be beneficial.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.