Deadline: 22 April 2018
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Human Resources Specialist in Guatemala City, Guatemala. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Human Resources Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Provide guidance on HR related systems and processes including but not limited to Recruitment, Contracts, Benefits and Entitlements consistent with UNOPS rules and procedures.
- Provide advice and answers to personnel on routine cases for HR services such as the performance appraisal process, learning & development activities, contracts, benefits, entitlements and remuneration and career development.
- Assist to provide guidance as needed on sensitive matters including grievances, potential violations in code of conduct, harassment, abuse, workplace disputes, performance improvement plans, complex employee relations matters, etc.
- Encourage line management responsibility for implementation of HR policies and effective team management.
- Foster the relationship between supervisors and employees encouraging dialogue and two-way constructive feedback.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced University degree (equivalent to Master’s) in Human Resources management, Business Administration, social or behavioral sciences or other relevant fields.
- First University degree (equivalent to Bachelors) combined with 2 additional years of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of the Advanced University degree (equivalent to Master’s).
- Minimum 1 year of experience (or more depending on academic credentials) in professional-level recruitment and HR generalist services in an international, public or corporate organization.
- Some experience in UN system organizations or international development organizations preferably in a developing country is desirable.
- Fluency in Spanish and English, is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.