Deadline: 1 March 2019
International Finance Corporation (IFC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Investment Analyst in Buenos Aires, Argentina. The duration of this post is 2 years.
IFC’s mission is to end extreme poverty by 2030 and boost shared prosperity in every developing country.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Investment Analyst will perform the following functions-
- Create financial analysis models and support structuring of new investments in collaboration with industry teams.
- Extract data on the sub-region such as IS/AS portfolio, development impact and pipeline from internal databases and other internal sources.
- Manipulate and present the data in a variety of formats for a variety of audiences to a high degree of accuracy and consistency.
- Update and maintain internal databases; be the ‘go-to’ person for program data and other research and operational support for and from the sub-region.
- Stay abreast of current investment and advisory operations in the sub-region, and respond quickly to queries from WBG management on these operations.
- Perform analytics on markets, company performances, portfolio and other data.
- Contribute up-to-date program and country/market data to World Bank Group strategic documents such as Country Partnership Frameworks, Progress and Learning Reviews, and Completion and Learning Reviews.
- Conduct industry and market research and assist in IFC’s business development efforts.
- Participate in other aspects of IFC’s project processing cycle as needed, including conducting integrity due diligence.
- Prepare management briefs, reports, presentations and country economic updates.
- Elaborate pitchbooks and presentations for external stakeholders and clients.
- Help coordinate collaboration with other World Bank Group institutions (IBRD, MIGA, IDA, ICSID).
- Other tasks that may arise in the day-to-day department’s workload.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s degree from a renowned university (preferably with a specialization in Mathematics, Economics, Finance, or Business – enrollment in the CFA program is a plus).
- Minimum 2 year’s work experience in banking or consulting in a fast-paced, knowledge-based work environment.
- Demonstrated quantitative, financial analysis and modeling skills.
- Sound numerical, analytical and conceptual skills encompassing finance, investment, portfolio management, corporate finance and economics.
- Sound business judgment.
- Advanced Excel, PowerPoint and database skills.
- Ability to conduct research, synthesize data and provide recommendations.
- Strong attention to detail and quality.
- Familiarity with IFC databases and applications would be an advantage.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Spanish.
- Strong client service orientation with openness to feedback and new ideas.
- Ability to manage and complete multiple projects simultaneously and to meet deadlines under high pressure.
- Proactive – initiative-taker.
- Strong team skills with the ability to work across organizational boundaries with ease.
- Keen interest in emerging markets and multicultural environments.
- Willingness and ability to travel on short notice as required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit IFC.