Deadline: 5 April 2020
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Logistics Officer in Yaounde, Cameroon .
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Logistics Officer will perform the following functions:
- Contribute towards the development of logistics plans and processes ensuring compliance with wider logistics policies and WFP standards.
- Support logistics projects or operational day-to-day activities following standard processes and contributing, directly or indirectly, to the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
- Collect and analyse data through research and networking with colleagues to recommend actions to the supervisor to improve performance of local logistics operations.
- Conduct portions of financial analysis and budget reviews, drawing out insights and recommending actions to the supervisor to optimise use of available funds.
- Guide support staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with analysis and queries.
- Collate data and contribute to preparation of accurate and timely reporting, supporting a WFP wide view of logistics activities that enables informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Support the capacity building of WFP staff and partners for efficient and effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries (i.e. through contribution to the training materials).
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in Transport Economics, Supply Chain, Logistics, Engineering, Business Management or other related field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
- Fluency (level C) in English language.
- Experience coordinating service providers’ contract execution.
- Experience arranging supplier deliveries and the discharge of WFP vessels (rail, air, or sea).
- Experience in evaluating offers and writing proposals.
- Experience in report writing.
- Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.