Deadline: 25 February 2020
The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National Operations Assistant in Beirut, Lebanon. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The National Operations Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Assist in the daily operation of the field projects assigned.
- Provide secretarial support to project task force meetings.
- Assist project managers in timely provision of inputs for personnel, technical support services, sub-contracts, training, equipment/supplies and other needs related to project operations.
- Assist in the preparation of project work plans, monitors progress and, where, necessary, identifies corrective measures to overcome operational constraints.
- Assist with the management of the project budget and prepares revisions as required.
- Coordinate the timely preparation and submission of project progress and terminal reports required (as specified in the project agreements), as well as contributing to the preparation of analytical reports on the Representation’s portfolio as a whole.
- Assist in the timely field project completion / closure, including identification of project follow-up requirements.
- Contribute to the preparation and/or assessment of new projects.
- Ensure the quality of data/documentation in the Field Programme Management Information System (FPMIS) for all pipeline and operational field projects in the country.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Administration, Economics, Public Administration or commerce or a related field.
- 3 year’s of experience in administrative, accounting and/ or procurement support work.
- Good knowledge of FAO’s administrative policies and procedures.
- Previous UN experience in this field would be a plus.
- Good knowledge of the MS Office package, Internet and office technology equipment.
- Working knowledge (Level C) of English and Arabic.
- National of Lebanon.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.