Deadline: 9 March 2020
The International Finance Corporation (IFC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Operations Officer in Nairobi, Kenya. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The Operations Officer will be responsible for managing banking advisory engagements in the region and helping the FIG AS team expand its client base in Middle East and Africa.
IFC’s mission is to end extreme poverty by 2030 and boost shared prosperity in every developing country.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Operations Officer will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Business Development
- Lead / organize business development missions through market analyses and meetings with existing and potential clients to identify potential areas of support.
- Work closely with IFC investment teams where required, including pipeline identification and participation in client due diligence, where there is potential for advisory support.
- Negotiate with clients on cash fees and contribute to FIG advisory cash fee and client spend targets.
- Handle internal processes, including drafting project concept notes and obtaining internal approval.
- Draft donor proposals and secure funding for project that are donor-funded.
- Project Implementation and Quality Assurance
- Lead and manage the implementation of multi-stakeholder and multi-dimensional projects, including specialists, team management, deliverables monitoring and review, results evaluation and reporting, on-going project updates including internal documents, consultant contract management, client invoicing.
- Effectively staff the project team by assigning internal staff, and recruiting consultants and/or firms.
- Overall responsibility for project design, including scope of work definition, timeline and budget setting, outcome target setting, stakeholder negotiation, Terms of Reference development and resource mobilization including procurement of experts and coordination or project teams.
- Manage client relations through open and regular communications to assess satisfaction and anticipate and respond to client needs.
- Knowledge Management
- Identify new product areas and develop and disseminate tools that strengthen IFC’s ability deliver banking advisory projects.
- Contribute to research and knowledge management events and publications.
- Perform analysis of client-related data and information to derive insights.
- Acquire and actively share information on FIG Advisory products within IFC.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Master’s Degree in Business, Economics, Finance, International Development or related fields.
- Minimum 5-10 year’s of relevant experience in the financial sector at least 3-4 of which should be in commercial banking.
- Knowledge of the financial and banking sector in emerging markets.
- Experience in multiple markets is highly desirable.
- Experience in project design preparation, implementation and monitoring of technical assistance projects.
- Strong client relationship management skills, including the ability to develop and maintain mutually beneficial stakeholder relationships with senior management and ensure timely and appropriate follow-up.
- Ability to work independently and effectively within a team.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Understanding of financial / portfolio indicators, budgeting and financial projections.
- Strong computer skills (particularly Microsoft tools: Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Experience with data management and analysis packages would be a plus.
- Strong data analysis and management skills, e.g. client portfolio analysis, collecting and managing big data.
- Excellent written and oral communication in English is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, visit IFC.