Deadline: 9 March 2020
The International Finance Corporation (IFC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Operations Officer in Nairobi, Kenya. The duration of this post is 3 years.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Operations Officer will be responsible for managing banking advisory engagements in the region and helping the FIG AS team expand its client base in Middle East and Africa.
IFC’s mission is to end extreme poverty by 2030 and boost shared prosperity in every developing country.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Operations Officer will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Business Development
- Lead / organize business development missions through market analyses and meetings with existing and potential clients to identify potential areas of support.
- Work closely with IFC investment teams where required, including pipeline identification and participation in client due diligence, where there is potential for advisory support.
- Negotiate with clients on cash fees and contribute to FIG advisory cash fee and client spend targets.
- Handle internal processes, including drafting project concept notes and obtaining internal approval.
- Draft donor proposals and secure funding for project that are donor-funded.
- Project Implementation and Quality Assurance
- Lead and manage the implementation of multi-stakeholder and multi-dimensional projects, including specialists, team management, deliverables monitoring and review, results evaluation and reporting, on-going project updates including internal documents, consultant contract management, client invoicing.
- Effectively staff the project team by assigning internal staff, and recruiting consultants and/or firms.
- Overall responsibility for project design, including scope of work definition, timeline and budget setting, outcome target setting, stakeholder negotiation, Terms of Reference development and resource mobilization including procurement of experts and coordination or project teams.
- Manage client relations through open and regular communications to assess satisfaction and anticipate and respond to client needs.
- Knowledge Management
- Identify new product areas and develop and disseminate tools that strengthen IFC’s ability deliver banking advisory projects.
- Contribute to research and knowledge management events and publications.
- Perform analysis of client-related data and information to derive insights.
- Acquire and actively share information on FIG Advisory products within IFC.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Master’s Degree in Business, Economics, Finance, International Development or related fields.
- Minimum 5-10 year’s of relevant experience in the financial sector at least 3-4 of which should be in commercial banking.
- Knowledge of the financial and banking sector in emerging markets.
- Experience in multiple markets is highly desirable.
- Experience in project design preparation, implementation and monitoring of technical assistance projects.
- Strong client relationship management skills, including the ability to develop and maintain mutually beneficial stakeholder relationships with senior management and ensure timely and appropriate follow-up.
- Ability to work independently and effectively within a team.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Understanding of financial / portfolio indicators, budgeting and financial projections.
- Strong computer skills (particularly Microsoft tools: Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Experience with data management and analysis packages would be a plus.
- Strong data analysis and management skills, e.g. client portfolio analysis, collecting and managing big data.
- Excellent written and oral communication in English is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, visit IFC.