Deadline: 12 October 2022
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Partnerships Officer in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Partnerships Officer will perform the following functions:
- Identify, research, meet and develop funding proposals for potential corporate partners and secure funds from companies, their customers/employees and their foundations that will maximise long-term income in support of UNICEF’s programmatic objectives.
- Build and foster strong relationships with new corporate prospects and ensure existing corporate donors are stewarded appropriately, resulting in profitable long-term partnerships.
- Working cross-functionally with the programmatic team in especially Corporate Alliance Officer to identify funding opportunities and secure strategic partnerships that contributes income and support programmatic outcomes.
- Engage with relevant teams to contribute technical inputs to develop and present funding proposals, reporting or other necessary information for the corporate partners.
- Develop funding/partnership proposals and other relevant materials for potential partners by working across UNICEF globally to identify relevant funding needs and preparing presentations for each.
- Plan, organize and execute corporate fundraising events/campaigns/activities that will generate income and encourage corporate engagement in support of UNICEF’s programmatic objectives.
- Mapping and manage screenings of companies and their foundations to build a prospective list of corporate partners in accordance with UNICEF’s processes and criterias.
- Maintain and continuously update the corporate database for targeted, current and prospective corporate partners.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in Marketing, Business, Fundraising/Philanthropy, Communications
- First University Degree in a relevant field combined with 2 additional years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
- Minimum of 2 of relevant professional experience in sales and marketing, account management, business management, event management or fundraising.
- Outstanding interpersonal, negotiating and account management skills are essential.
- Experience of corporate partnerships and/or cause related marketing is a strong advantage
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.