Deadline: 30 November 2018
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Partnerships Specialist in Abuja, Nigeria.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Partnerships Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Contribute to develop a business and partnerships strategy under the guidance of the Country Manager or in the absence under the guidance of the GHOH Hub Director.
- Develop a comprehensive partnership and programme development plan for Nigeria in line with UNOPS Strategic Plan and Regional Strategies with support from the GHOH Hub/Africa Region Partnership Office.
- Monitor and evaluate humanitarian and development trends and needs to identify areas of collaboration within UNOPS mandate and existing capacity.
- Research events, publications and announcements, to track and screen opportunities for possible UNOPS interventions and identify trends that will drive partnership opportunities.
- Establish and further develop partnerships with UN agencies, international organisations, governments, foundations, international NGOs and private sector organisations to diversify project opportunities within the GHOH or Partnership Group.
- Implement standards, tools and templates provided by HQ to effectively manage partnership and project development within the team to enhance/maintain UNOPS effectiveness as a provider of project services for sustainable results.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, International Development, Law, Political Science, Communications or International Relations or directly related field is required.
- A combination of Bachelor’s Degree with additional 2 years of relevant work experience or a combination of Technical/Professional Certificate with an additional 4 years of relevant work experience, may be accepted in lieu of the educational requirements outlined above.
- 5 years of experience in International development areas including demonstrated experience such as developing and executing partnership/programme plans, project development and proposal writing/acquisition of projects is required.
- At least 4 years of experience working in an international organisations/environment, international development, post-disaster andemergency contexts with emphasis in sub-Saharan region of West Africa especially in-depth knowledge in the Nigeria context is highly desirable.
- Establishing partnerships with UN agencies, international development organisations, governments, foundations, donors, international NGOs or private sector organisations is highly desirable.
- Project and programme management experience is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.