Deadline: 25 June 2020
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Portfolio Analyst in Geneva, Switzerland.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Portfolio Analyst will perform the following functions:
- Assist in design and formulation of the work-plan for portfolio management, setting goals, targets and performance standards for the portfolio under his/her responsibility.
- Initiation of a project into OneUNOPS, support in finalization of funding agreement.
- Coordination of the mandatory and budget re-phasing exercises, closure of projects through review.
- Assist in drafting of TORs for subcontractors and consultants; proposals of suitable firms or institutions and individual consultants; evaluation of proposals received.
- Support in drafting of contract documents and letters of agreement with institutions and UN agencies.
- Administration of contracts and agreements and processing amendments, if required, for Portfolio Manager’s approval.
- Monitor compliance of procurement activities with UNOPS rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Implementation of the effective internal control, analysis of parameters in support of proper design and functioning of a client-oriented procurement management system.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics, Environment, Political Sciences, International Relations, Social Sciences or related field.
- First-Level University Degree (Bachelor’s) in combination with required qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Relevant professional working experience in programme/project management and administration support is required.
- Minimum 2 year’s of relevant work experience with a bachelor’s degree is required.
- Relevant experience at the national or international level in providing project management and transactional services is desirable.
- Hands-on experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects is desirable.
- Experience in the usage of computers is required.
- Knowledge of G-Suite applications is desirable.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required.
- Knowledge of French (or other UN languages) is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.