Deadline: 5 November 2019
The International Finance Corporation (IFC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Principal Country Officer in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The Principal Country Officer will be responsible for developing and managing strategic relationships needed for IFC to mobilize stakeholders to deliver IFC’s program in Philippines.
IFC’s mission is to end extreme poverty by 2030 and boost shared prosperity in every developing country
Key Job Responsibilities
The Principal Country Officer will perform the following functions-
- Identify investment business opportunities, including IFC Corporate Financial Advisory, with a focus on manufacturing, agribusiness, services and financial services as well as infrastructure (power, telecom, transport, water, and waste management), oil, gas and mining.
- Develop good understanding of the sectors and region and in-depth relationships with key sector players.
- Cultivate and maintain high level relationships with key partners in Philippines, including government agencies, industry organizations, multilateral and bilateral agencies, donors, World Bank, MIGA and other partners as needed.
- Deal with counterparts in sponsor companies, industry groups and other organizations on a wide range of transactions to enhance operations and effectiveness.
- Establish contact between clients and relevant IFC Managers and staff in industry departments and country offices.
Applicants must have:
- MBA or equivalent qualification.
- Minimum 15 years of relevant professional experience in investment services.
- Working experience in East Asia and Pacific/Philippines and understanding of business culture is essential.
- Knowledge of FDI and cross-border investment, with strong local industry and government network.
- Proven business development and client relationship skill and ability to interact directly with senior management (chairman / CEO) of clients and potential clients.
- Strong financial and credit skills, demonstrated by the ability to assess and structure complex debt and equity investment transactions.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills and ability to lead diverse teams and deliver high quality products.
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Fluency in Tagalog is essential.
- Nationality of Philippines.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit IFC.