Deadline: 5 November 2019
The International Finance Corporation (IFC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Principal Country Officer in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The Principal Country Officer will be responsible for developing and managing strategic relationships needed for IFC to mobilize stakeholders to deliver IFC’s program in Philippines.
IFC’s mission is to end extreme poverty by 2030 and boost shared prosperity in every developing country
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Principal Country Officer will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Identify investment business opportunities, including IFC Corporate Financial Advisory, with a focus on manufacturing, agribusiness, services and financial services as well as infrastructure (power, telecom, transport, water, and waste management), oil, gas and mining.
- Develop good understanding of the sectors and region and in-depth relationships with key sector players.
- Cultivate and maintain high level relationships with key partners in Philippines, including government agencies, industry organizations, multilateral and bilateral agencies, donors, World Bank, MIGA and other partners as needed.
- Deal with counterparts in sponsor companies, industry groups and other organizations on a wide range of transactions to enhance operations and effectiveness.
- Establish contact between clients and relevant IFC Managers and staff in industry departments and country offices.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- MBA or equivalent qualification.
- Minimum 15 years of relevant professional experience in investment services.
- Working experience in East Asia and Pacific/Philippines and understanding of business culture is essential.
- Knowledge of FDI and cross-border investment, with strong local industry and government network.
- Proven business development and client relationship skill and ability to interact directly with senior management (chairman / CEO) of clients and potential clients.
- Strong financial and credit skills, demonstrated by the ability to assess and structure complex debt and equity investment transactions.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills and ability to lead diverse teams and deliver high quality products.
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Fluency in Tagalog is essential.
- Nationality of Philippines.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit IFC.