Deadline: 1 May 2019
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Principal Country Specialist in Bangkok, Thailand. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The Principal Country Specialist will lead business development and project identification, in close collaboration with the SERD Innovation Hub and other similar ADB initiatives.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Principal Country Specialist will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Lead TRM’s program preparation, management and support functions.
- Oversee the formulation and implementation of CPS, and annual COBPs in close coordination with government clients, other development partners, private sector, civil society, and SERD and other Headquarters (HQ) Departments and Offices.
- Ensure that CPS and COBPs are prepared in line with the consultation process requirements of ADB.
- Serve as the focal point in Thailand for coordination and cooperation with development partners.
- Serve as focal point in Thailand on ADB operational matters.
- Support sector divisions and substantially contribute to the design, processing and administration of both delegated and non-delegated loan and technical assistance (TA) projects, ensuring that ADB’s strategic and cross-cutting concerns are appropriately addressed.
- Assist executing and government agencies in resolving project/program implementation problems in coordination with sector divisions.
- Oversee external relations activities in TRM.
- When assigned, represent ADB in conferences, seminars and media interviews; carries out outreach to stakeholders in disseminating ADB’s views and advocacy.
- Establish and maintain effective relations with senior government officials and serve as the communication link between the Government of Thailand and ADB.
- Undertake coordination activities with development partners and other stakeholders on economic and development issues
- Oversee activities covering private sector operations and development, governance, trade, investment, and finance.
- Assist Country Director, TRM in staffing and office administration matters.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Master’s Degree, or equivalent, in Economics and/or other areas such as Development.
- Alternatively, university degree in related fields combined with additional relevant professional experience can be considered.
- At least 12 years of relevant professional experience in economics and/or development planning and policy formulation, implementation and coordination.
- Familiarity with ADB’s policies and procedures.
- Proven leadership capabilities.
- Ability to mentor team members, providing guidance and advice on project or technical-related matters
- Ability to coach team members to develop their capabilities/potential.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- International experience working in development in several countries.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit ADB.