Deadline: 10 March 2020
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Procurement and Logistic Officer- Parliament Support Project in Kathmandu, Nepal. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Procurement and Logistic Officer- Parliament Support Project will perform the following functions-
- Plan, manage and provide technical advice on procurement and logistics activities, following UNDP rules, procedures and regulations.
- Manages procurement and logistic focusing on achievement of the following results.
- Ensures facilitation of and contribution to knowledge building, and sharing of knowledge in the project team focusing on achievement of the following results.
- Gender and Social Inclusion Sensitivity.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the National Project Manager for achieving the objectives of the Project.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in Business Management, Public Administration or relevant fields.
- At least 3 year’s of relevant experience in project procurement and project logistic management.
- Previous experience related to procurement and logistic support in effectively handling large volume of procurement is desirable.
- Professional experience in project management and coordination is an asset.
- Sound knowledge of policing, security, governance, public financial management and gender mainstreaming.
- Experience in accounting and administration will be additional asset.
- Effective communication skills and ability to establish good working relationships with national and local authorities, and international interlocutors.
- Ability to work and act under pressure and with discretion in a politically sensitive environment.
- Previous working experience with UNDP would be an asset.
- Fluency in oral and written English and Nepali is essential.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNDP.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.