Deadline: 7 March 2020
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Procurement Specialist in Washington, D.C., United States. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Procurement Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Process the purchase of a variety of commodities for the Organization.
- Analyze purchase authorizations for adequacy of specifications and other requirements.
- Work with domestic and international vendors to provide overall order fulfillment.
- Determine whether procurement will be by selective or competitive negotiation for procurement under level of Delegation of Authority (DOA).
- Work with sourcing teams, PHE, technical entities, and key stakeholders to develop on a timely basis request for proposals (RFPs), Request for Quotes (RFQs) and Invitation to Bids (ITBs) with specialized language specific to business requirements or commodities.
- Analyze them for conformity to specified requirements and for price, delivery and other considerations such as warranty, maintenance, compatibility, etc..
- Prepare price estimates to provide price and availability information on products and services.
- Determine the method of shipment, indicating the correct condition of travel for the items – hazardous, etc., ensuring acceptance by consignee; report on shipping cost.
- Prepare and issue purchase orders, contracts and amendments; ensure inclusion of complete and accurate specifications, terms and conditions.
- Ensure timely follow up and feedback to requisitioners to ensure alignment with the information provided in the lead-time matrix.
- Work with domestic and international vendors to provide overall order fulfillment; negotiate and analyze costs.
- Review procedures followed by Country Offices and Centers in selecting contractors for PHE related projects / programs and approve or reject proposed contracts up to the delegation of authority level.
- Prepare justification and analysis reports for procurement over delegation of authority to be submitted to the Contract Review Committee (CRC) for approval.
- Assist in the planning, coordination and implementation of any special procurement programs assigned to the Team.
- Participate in the review, analysis and evaluation of procurement systems for modifications, improvements and streamlining of processes.
- Represent PRO in meetings with internal and / or external stakeholders.
- Track performance of the assigned commodities in order to maintain high customer satisfaction and take corrective actions in coordination with the supervisor when required.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, procurement or a field related to purchasing from a recognized university.
- Certification in procurement and / or a degree in law would be an asset.
- 5 year’s of combined national and international progressively more responsible experience in procurement or supply of goods in either the private or public sector.
- Experience in construction projects, emergency procurement response, and/or automated systems such as e-procurement software or / and ERP systems would be an asset.
- Very good knowledge of English or Spanish with working knowledge of the other language.
- Knowledge of French and / or Portuguese would be an asset.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.