Deadline: 21 July 2020
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Procurement Specialist in Washington, DC, United States. The duration of this post is 3 years.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Procurement Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Oversee policies and procedures to meet the procurement governance needs and priorities, enhance the efficiency in procurement processes, incorporate commerciality, sustainability and risk management processes and an independent verification and validation process into the Corporate Procurement legal framework.
- Advise and design strategies to measure non-compliance with Corporate Procurement policies and procedures including vendor eligibility policies, conflicts of interest restrictions and codes of conduct.
- Work with business units, Category Management teams and other stakeholders (e.g. Risk Partners) to continuously improve and monitor vendor risk across the organization, identify new areas of potential exposure, align vendor risk management strategies with the evolving goals and objectives of the World Bank Group, and execute programs ensuring consistency and effectiveness.
- Design and preparation of strategic reports to demonstrate progress in Vendor Risk Management and Governance programs.
- Design and development of tools and workflow processes to assist business units and Category Management teams’ efforts to manage risks in WBG.
- Identify potential issues and limitations of the WBG Vendor Risk Management framework.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in business, law or related field or equivalent years of experience is required.
- Minimum 8+ year’s related work experience in policy drafting and governance, vendor management or vendor risk management is required in an International environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of procurement concepts and methodologies.
- Knowledge of the banking industry.
- Understanding of governance structures used to manage vendor risk programs and vendor mitigation and oversight.
- Ability to influence change in corporate understanding and adoption of governance and vendor management concepts and interface with upper-level management.
- Proficiency in supervision and program leadership.
- Excellent English writing and communication skills.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WBG.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.