Deadline: 27 November 2018
World Health Organisation (WHO) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Programme Area Manager (Management & Administration) in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 2 year.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Programme Area Manager (Management & Administration) will perform following functions:
- Provide overall coordination of WHE’s work in MGA and support the management and implementation of the WHE’s activities in the Western Pacific Region, covering a variety of interrelated budgetary and human resources, and other related issues.
- Support RED in providing guidance to the Division of Programme Management (DPM), Division of Administration and Finance (DAF) and WHO representatives (WRs) for policies and procedures covering all aspects of MGA-related to WHO’s work in emergencies.
- Provide coordination, motivation, guidance, management and performance evaluation of staff in MGA.
- Support in establishing standardized emergency programme work plans and budgets, conduct regular analysis of budgetary and financial statements, human resources, staffing, including monitoring the status of funding available and projected and resulting funding gaps and ensuring rapid availability of funding for immediate needs, with sustainable, predictable financing.
- Coordinate relevant support staff and ensure the provision of high quality, predictable HR, security and staff well-being services, managing sourcing for events, including development and maintenance of rosters and candidates allowing for rapid deployment of resources during emergencies.
- Ensure the provision of advice on security and well-being of all staff, particularly during deployment.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s level university degree in management, business administration, or related field from a recognized university.
- Specialized training in emergency/humanitarian response.
- Training in leadership or management.
- Minimum 7 years of proven experience in management and administration of international public health programmes, including at least five years of management experience in recognized senior leadership positions with direct responsibility for managing both human and financial resources.
- Relevant work experience in WHO and/or UN agencies; experience working in relevant nongovernmental or humanitarian organizations.
- Field experience in public health programmes or emergency response programmes.
- Expert knowledge of written and spoken English.
- Intermediate knowledge of other UN language.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.