Deadline: 25 February 2020
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Assistant in New Delhi, India. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the formulation and management of programmes:
- Provide administrative support in the preparation of programme work plans, budgets, and proposals on programme implementation arrangements, including tracking the delivery of funds.
- Provide administrative support to the executing agencies / responsible parties on routine delivery and reporting of programme supported activities and finances.
- Provide administrative support for the audit of programmes/ projects and support implementation of audit recommendations.
- Identify sources, and gather and compile data and information for the preparation of documents, guidelines, speeches and position papers, in collaboration with the Programme team.
- Provide administrative support to the financial management of the Programme Unit:
- Create projects in Atlas, prepare budget revisions, revise project awards and status and determine unutilized funds and the operational and financial close of a project.
- Provide administrative support in monitoring and preparation of budget and the finances of programmes / projects, and in the preparation of FACE forms.
- Prepare non-PO vouchers for development projects.
- Process payment for consultants, as deleaged.
- Create requisitions in Atlas for development projects, register good receipts in Atlas.
- Provide administrative support to the Programme Unit:
- Undertake all logistical, administrative and financial arrangements for organization for meetings, workshops, events, and missions.
- Make travel arrangements for the Programme Team, including travel requisitions and claims.
- Draft minutes in meetings, as delegated.
- Assemble briefing materials and prepare power-point and other presentations, in collaboration with the Programme team.
- Organize and coordinate filing of documents, maintain mailing lists.
- Provide administrative support to resource mobilization:
- Organize, compile, and process documentation and information from donors, and programme team as inputs to various databases and documents.
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing:
- Provide administrative support to the organization of training for the office staff and partners on programme and operations related issues.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary education required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Public Administration is an asset.
- Minimum 5 year’s of progressively responsible experience in administrative or programme management / support.
- Experience in working in a computer environment using multiple office software packages.
- Experience in the use of ATLAS is an asset.
- Experience in supporting a team is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Hindi is required.
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
- Nationality of India.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UN Women.