Deadline: 25 February 2020
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Assistant in New Delhi, India. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the formulation and management of programmes:
- Provide administrative support in the preparation of programme work plans, budgets, and proposals on programme implementation arrangements, including tracking the delivery of funds.
- Provide administrative support to the executing agencies / responsible parties on routine delivery and reporting of programme supported activities and finances.
- Provide administrative support for the audit of programmes/ projects and support implementation of audit recommendations.
- Identify sources, and gather and compile data and information for the preparation of documents, guidelines, speeches and position papers, in collaboration with the Programme team.
- Provide administrative support to the financial management of the Programme Unit:
- Create projects in Atlas, prepare budget revisions, revise project awards and status and determine unutilized funds and the operational and financial close of a project.
- Provide administrative support in monitoring and preparation of budget and the finances of programmes / projects, and in the preparation of FACE forms.
- Prepare non-PO vouchers for development projects.
- Process payment for consultants, as deleaged.
- Create requisitions in Atlas for development projects, register good receipts in Atlas.
- Provide administrative support to the Programme Unit:
- Undertake all logistical, administrative and financial arrangements for organization for meetings, workshops, events, and missions.
- Make travel arrangements for the Programme Team, including travel requisitions and claims.
- Draft minutes in meetings, as delegated.
- Assemble briefing materials and prepare power-point and other presentations, in collaboration with the Programme team.
- Organize and coordinate filing of documents, maintain mailing lists.
- Provide administrative support to resource mobilization:
- Organize, compile, and process documentation and information from donors, and programme team as inputs to various databases and documents.
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing:
- Provide administrative support to the organization of training for the office staff and partners on programme and operations related issues.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Completion of secondary education required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Public Administration is an asset.
- Minimum 5 year’s of progressively responsible experience in administrative or programme management / support.
- Experience in working in a computer environment using multiple office software packages.
- Experience in the use of ATLAS is an asset.
- Experience in supporting a team is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Hindi is required.
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
- Nationality of India.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, visit UN Women.