Deadline: 22 December 2019
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Associate – Business Engagement in Lusaka, Zambia. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Programme Associate – Business Engagement will be responsible for engaging private sector companies, both local and multi-national, around the Zambia ‘Good Food’ Logo. The purpose is to provide effective specialized support and technical analyses to policy and programme activities that effectively meet food assistance needs.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Associate – Business Engagement will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Conduct research around engagement of the private sector on similar Logo projects in other countries, both within and outside of the Southern African region, and share the result for evidence-based programming.
- Carry out mapping of local, regional, and global businesses producing products that have the potential to meet ‘Good Food’ Logo nutrient criteria.
- Directly engage and recruit businesses to apply for and utilize the ‘Good Food’ Logo in a way that fully demonstrates the added value of the Logo and related Healthy Diets campaign, linked to corporate interests and priorities.
- Engage private companies and government line ministries and agencies like the Zambia Bureau of Standards (ZABS) and National Food and Nutrition Commission in the expansion of the SBN to potential areas with higher opportunities for business.
- Develop promotional materials to be used for business recruitment.
- Implement the ‘Good Food’ Logo Business Engagement strategy to engage more private companies on the Good Food Logo.
- Support ZABS recruit private companies including food processing companies and retailers for the Good Food Logo initiative.
- Support the linkage of the SBN members with the smallholder farmers and/or aggregators for better value chain in mainstreaming nutrition, as well as expanding business opportunities.
- Provide technical assistance, training and mentoring for ZABS private companies and other government staff on business opportunities and other identified training needs.
- Hold fortnightly meetings with ZABS and other government line ministries as deemed necessary to support them implementation of SBN initiatives including the Good Food Logo and Healthy Diet Campaign.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Commerce, AgriBusiness, International development, or related field.
- Fluency in English language.
- Nationality of Zambia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit WFP.