Deadline: 22 December 2019
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Associate – Business Engagement in Lusaka, Zambia. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Programme Associate – Business Engagement will be responsible for engaging private sector companies, both local and multi-national, around the Zambia ‘Good Food’ Logo. The purpose is to provide effective specialized support and technical analyses to policy and programme activities that effectively meet food assistance needs.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Associate – Business Engagement will perform the following functions-
- Conduct research around engagement of the private sector on similar Logo projects in other countries, both within and outside of the Southern African region, and share the result for evidence-based programming.
- Carry out mapping of local, regional, and global businesses producing products that have the potential to meet ‘Good Food’ Logo nutrient criteria.
- Directly engage and recruit businesses to apply for and utilize the ‘Good Food’ Logo in a way that fully demonstrates the added value of the Logo and related Healthy Diets campaign, linked to corporate interests and priorities.
- Engage private companies and government line ministries and agencies like the Zambia Bureau of Standards (ZABS) and National Food and Nutrition Commission in the expansion of the SBN to potential areas with higher opportunities for business.
- Develop promotional materials to be used for business recruitment.
- Implement the ‘Good Food’ Logo Business Engagement strategy to engage more private companies on the Good Food Logo.
- Support ZABS recruit private companies including food processing companies and retailers for the Good Food Logo initiative.
- Support the linkage of the SBN members with the smallholder farmers and/or aggregators for better value chain in mainstreaming nutrition, as well as expanding business opportunities.
- Provide technical assistance, training and mentoring for ZABS private companies and other government staff on business opportunities and other identified training needs.
- Hold fortnightly meetings with ZABS and other government line ministries as deemed necessary to support them implementation of SBN initiatives including the Good Food Logo and Healthy Diet Campaign.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Commerce, AgriBusiness, International development, or related field.
- Fluency in English language.
- Nationality of Zambia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WFP.