Deadline: 29 November 2019
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Associate – Civil Society and Youth in Bangkok, Thailand. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Programme Associate – Civil Society and Youth will be responsible for ensuring an effective and efficient management and functioning of Civil Society and Youth team. The Programme Associate provides support to the project team in all aspects of programmatic support and administrative functions including budgetary/financial management of the Youth project.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Associate – Civil Society and Youth will perform the following functions-
- Support management and implementation of programme/project activities.
- Provide effective support to procurement and programme/project financial monitoring and management of the Regional Programme/s.
- Provide administrative and operational support to the programme/project implementation.
- Provide administrative support to the Regional Practice Advisory services.
- Support budget management and donor reporting.
- Ensure facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing.
- Support programme/project Monitoring and Evaluation.
Applicants must have:
- Secondary education with at least 6 years of relevant experience preferably with specialized certification in Business or Public administration, Finance or related areas.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration, Economics, Finance, Political Science, International development, International Relations and Social Sciences or any related fields with at least 3 years of relevant experience would be desirable.
- Minimum 3-6 years of progressively responsible administrative or programme experience is required.
- Experience in an international organization, UN agency or international NGO is an advantage.
- Experience in handling of database management system for projects is required.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Knowledge of UNDP procurement and financial rules and regulation (POPP) is preferable.
- Experience in the use of an ERP system (i.e. Atlas) is an added advantage.
- Fluency in English and Thai, both oral and written required.
- Nationality of Thailand.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.