Deadline: 24 February 2020
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Management – Senior Assistant in New York, United States. The duration of this post is 4 months.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Management – Senior Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Assistance in organizing CBA global workshop planning activities, outlining the main pieces of work that will need to be carried out and estimate timelines
- Support the travel booking process: coordinating with travelers, obtaining flight quotations, calculating allowances, and preparing analysis as appropriate.
- Review and prepare travel authorizations, documentation, payments.
- Process travel claims in OneUNOPS and purchase orders for travel activities, payments, and contracts.
- Maintain the communication between the hotel / other suppliers and UNOPS for the necessary payments.
- Maintain the communication between the organizer team.
- Support the procurement process, including the formulation of procurement documentation.
- Provide administrative and other support as requested including drafting and formatting documents, arranging travel, supporting HR, finance, procurement, travel and knowledge management.
- Maintenance of the filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials in accordance with UNOPS record retention policies and procedures.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- High School Diploma is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Management, Social Sciences or related fields.
- High School Diploma with a minimum 5 year’s of relevant experience is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Management, Social Sciences or related fields with at least 1 year of experience.
- Full working knowledge of English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, visit UNOPS.