Deadline: 9 March 2020
UN Capital Development Fund (UNCDF) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Programme Management Specialist in New York, United States. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNCDF makes public and private finance work for the poor in the world’s 47 least developed countries (LDCs).
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Programme Management Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Ensure support to the implementation & management of the UNCDF strategy on “Leaving No One Behind in the Digital Era”, in particular the thematic programming for Migration and Remittances, adapts processes and procedures.
- Facilitate programme planning across the global, regional and country programme teams for Migration and Remittances.
- Corporate Support for FIPA Practice Management on financial resource management and programme delivery.
- Support resource mobilization and donors reporting requirements, with a focus on narrative and financial reporting for programme funds for Migration and Remittances.
- Support knowledge building and knowledge sharing with all FIPA stakeholders on programme matters.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Public Administration, Law, Finance, Economics or related field or a first university degree in related fields, with 2 additional year’s of relevant experience will also be acceptable, in lieu of a master’s/advanced university degree.
- Minimum 5 year’s experience in progressively responsible positions in the field of programme management, project management and / or operations or related fields, out of which at least three years of work-experience should be in relevant programme /project planning & implementation.
- Demonstrable project management, budget / financial management and coordination skills.
- Work experience supporting programming in Digital Finance and Payments is considered highly desirable.
- Work experience supporting programming in Least Developed Countries LDCs is preferred.
- Experience in Compliance & Quality Assurance is considered highly desirable.
- Experience supporting market development programmes with digital financial services focus is considered highly desirable.
- In-depth knowledge of relevant UN organizational policies and procedures is s considered highly desirable.
- Knowledge of UN / UNDP / UNCDF ERP Systems & Policies is considered highly desirable.
- Previous demonstrable experience / familiarity with results monitoring and reporting is considered highly desirable.
- Fluency in English is required. Excellent Communication Skills (Comprehension, verbal communication).
- Knowledge of French language is considered highly desirable.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNCDF.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.