Deadline: 06 February 2023
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Policy Officer in New Delhi, India. The duration of this post is 1 year.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Policy Officer will perform the following functions:
- Provide technical support in the design and coordination of projects/pilots as in the areas of supply chain:
- Provide technical assistance through assessments, operations research, and data analytics to identify gaps and create solutions for the improvement in supply chain management.
- Perform financial feasibility, cost analysis, optimisation analysis of government supply chain networks.
- Design solutions, strategies, standards, and guidance to improve performance, reduce cost, or improve responsiveness.
- Provide a road map for effective roll-out of solutions across States/UTs.
- Prepare training material and undertake capacity strengthening of state level PDS stakeholders in applying optimization/ analysis tools effectively
- Identify, evaluate, and document best practice models in the implementation of service delivery reforms, supply chain planning, optimisation for food-based safety nets, through secondary research, data analysis, pilots and cross learning visits.
- Provide project management support in ensuring that all projects are operating smoothly as per the performance targets:
- Implement and manage day to day operations, monitoring and reporting of ongoing and new projects in areas of supply chain and warehouse management.
- Provide technical advisory for reforms in the service delivery of India’s largest food based social protection schemes for improving targeting, transparency, efficiency, and accountability of systems.
- Review existing processes and policies for mapping requirements, customization of solutions as per requirements for developing concept notes, proposals, project planning, financial feasibility, and mapping of resources.
- Research, identify, conceptualize, and collate global and industry best practices, and support in their dissemination through interfacing with the central government, state governments and other stakeholders through workshops, consultations etc.
- Represent WFP at meetings to review project progress and present WFP’s recommended best practices.
Applicant must have:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Mathematics, Computer Science, and/or Engineering
- Specialization in Operations Research, Management Science, Business Analytics, or Data Science is desirable
- Proficiency in an object-oriented programming language, with a strong preference for Python
- Minimum 1 year progressively responsible professional experience working in areas related to optimization, implementation or maintain large food-based procurement and/or distribution with government and/or private sector in the areas of supply chain planning, execution, operations research, transportation; project design and management.
- Experience in working independently with minimum supervision, often in fluid and ambiguous situations will be required.
- Fluency oral and written communication skills in English.
- Working knowledge of Hindi is preferred.
- Nationality of India.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.