Deadline: 24 June 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Programme Specialist in Lagos, Nigeria.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Develop a strategy for effective usage of UReport information, focusing on ensuring that reports are directed to appropriate duty bearers and officials at the local level for follow-up.
- Identify technical strategy for the establishment of the U-Report in Nigeria, introduction and technology to be agreed with local providers.
- Lead and facilitate negotiations with local providers (cell companies and other digital technology providers.
- Work with government counterparts including Ministry focal points, and Local Governments to constructively engage them in the campaign potentially through establishment of the UReport Steering Committee or interaction with the defined focal points at geopolitical areas.
- Engage youth organizations, community-based and faith-based organizations, including building their capacity and supporting efforts to integrate UReport into their general work and effectively utilize the data.
- Coordinate with UNICEF, its partners and software developer teams to advise them on modifications to the existing web platform (both public-facing and administrative).
- Work with the Generation Unlimited, Communications and C4D sections at UNICEF to design and run both national and sub-national communication campaigns across all media outlets (print, radio and TV) and strategies for reaching and increasing youth participation and dialogue.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in Computer Science, Business, Marketing or any related field
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business, Marketing or any related field with additional 2 years’ experience may be considered.
- 5 year’s of relevant working experience at the national and/or international levels
- Fluency in English and another UN language.
- Knowledge of the local working language of the duty station.
- Knowledge of the latest developments and technology in the related fields.
- Nationality of Nigeria.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.