Deadline: 5 February 2020
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Management Support Senior Officer in Port-au-Prince, Haiti.
The Project Management Support Senior Officer will be responsible for supporting the Project Manager with the day-to-day operations of the mission and coordinating mission progress and implementation.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Project Management Support Senior Officer will perform the following functions-
- Project implementation
- Preparation and maintenance of project files, including internal and external project reports.
- Manage information flows and oversee change controls, risk registers and issue management by establishing document control procedures.
- Manage assigned delivery of work packages and take responsibility for progress.
- Coordinate and liaise with the Project Manager on the implementation progress.
- Advise the Project Manager of any deviations from the plan and update plans.
- Work with Project manager to identify and manage risks.
- Financial and procurement management
- Maintain all supporting project financial documents for audit and review processes.
- Ensure accurate data entry into UNOPS ERP system (OneUNOPS) and OneUNOPS Projects – as appropriate.
- Monitor project budget and financial expenditure and all administrative procedures in line with the work-plan.
- Process direct payments, advance requests, and prepare project budget revisions.
- Produce financial reports; including developing financial monitoring and reporting formats as per UNOPS requirements.
- Support the Project Manager by monitoring budgets, cash flow and reporting on expense obligations to ensure that deliverables are met.
- Alert the Project Manager or any financial shortfalls and over-expenditures.
- Propose budget revision and initiate corrective action when necessary.
- Coordinate vendor communications, meetings, and reports as necessary
- Project monitoring and reporting
- Provide substantive inputs to assist the Project Manager in the preparation of project reports and documents, ensure compliance with contractual obligations and UNOPS policies, processes and procedures
- Maintain records of project files and other supporting documents.
- Maintain the following records: Quality Register, Configuration Item Records and all other registers/logs delegated by the Project Manager
- Stakeholder management, coordination and liaison
- Support the coordination and management of communications
- Liaise and build relationships with other United Nations (UN) agencies and international non-governmental organizations (I/NGOs) for the purposes of facilitating activities and improving the quality and relevance of information analysis.
- Participate in meetings with UN agencies, NGO’s and other Stakeholders as required.
- Knowledge management and innovation
- Support the compilation of lessons learned as per defined reporting format.
- Ensure that Local capacities are built at every level and opportunity for Project Management Support.
- Contribute to the dissemination and sharing of best practices and lessons learned for planning and knowledge building.
- Contribute to expertise in tools and techniques.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field (e.g. Business Administration, Logistics, Emergency Management, International Relations).
- PRINCE2® Foundation/Practitioner an asset, but required completion within first 6 months of onboarding.
- Combination of a Technical/Professional diploma with an additional 2 years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the education requirements outlined above.
- Minimum 4 year’s relevant and progressive professional experience, specifically in the field of Operations Management with focus on monitoring, reporting, development and coordination.
- Experience in humanitarian emergency operating contexts, including humanitarian coordination mechanisms, donors, security, and operations management.
- Experience and demonstrated knowledge of UN rules and procedures in Procurement, Finance, HR Management and administrative rules and regulations will be an advantage.
- Full working knowledge of French and English is essential.
- Fluency in one or more additional official UNOPS languages is an advantage.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.